We look forward to welcoming you back to the Museum! Below are a few tips and rules to ensure your safe visit.
- Please kindly do not visit if you are ill or have been ill in the past two weeks.
- If you are unvaccinated, please wear a mask.
- Follow the signs. We have increased signage, throughout our campus.
In planning to reopen we want to share our primary goals during this unusual time in our history:
- Keeping the Museum clean and sanitized
- Keeping staff, volunteers and visitors healthy
- Giving our visitors a sense of security
- Managing change with our core values of connection and welcome
- Adjusting programs and events
- Adjusting for financial impacts
- Conduct a survey asking our supporters if they are ready for events and how we can help them feel safe. (May, 2021)
- Conduct a safety review of all museum spaces and recommend and plan action items such as: hand sanitizer stations, visitor routing and pathways for social distance, and required/recommended signage to promote health.
- Review and follow guidelines provided by the SB County Health, in conjunction with addition precautions recommended by the American Alliance of Museums.
- Create a COVID plan for SBHM and communicate frequently with our staff, our stakeholders and the public.
Major Changes & Projects
Below is a list of major modifications we've tackled to provide a safer environment for our visitors.
- Addition of hot water in lower courtyard restrooms
- Installation of plexiglass barriers for front line staff in the Museum and Gledhill Library
- Addition of touchless pay at our Museum Store
- Addition of hand sanitizer stations throughout the property
- Installation of custom signage promoting social distancing and hygiene
- Movement of furniture and artifacts to widen walkways in exhibition areas
Despite our stringent cleaning and sanitizing protocols, we cannot control all circumstances. By entering our property, you acknowledge that you assume any risks associated with your visit.